10 characteristics of a witness narrator
The witness narrator is a literary technique in which a character in the story is also the narrator. This technique provides a unique perspective, as the witness narrator is not only an observer, but is also an active participant in the story being told.
Characteristics of the Witness Narrator
- Active participation in the story: The witness narrator is a character who is part of the plot and participates in the events that unfold.
- Limited Knowledge: The witness narrator can only tell what he or she has witnessed or heard, so his or her knowledge of the story may be limited.
- Subjectivity: The narrative is influenced by the opinions and perceptions of the witness narrator, which can lead to a biased perspective.
- Identification with other characters: By being present in the story, the witness narrator may have a close relationship with other characters, which can influence how he narrates the events.
- Recording of emotions: The witness narrator can transmit his emotions and feelings in relation to what is happening in the story.
- Interaction with the reader: By being a character in the story, the witness narrator can directly address the reader and establish a closer connection.
- Limitations of Perspective: Because the witness narrator can only tell what he or she has personally seen and experienced, there may be gaps in the narrative that the reader must fill in themselves.
- Complexity in Characterization: The witness narrator is a character with his or her own motivations, desires, and conflicts, which adds an additional layer of complexity to the story.
- Questioned Veracity: Due to their involvement in the story, the witness narrator's objectivity may be questioned, adding a layer of suspense and mystery to the narrative.
- Impact on Plot: The witness narrator's actions and decisions can have a direct impact on the plot, adding an additional level of intrigue to the story.
Witness Narrator Example Table
|to kill a mockingbird||Scout Finch|
|The Great Gatsby||Nick Carraway|
|Crime and Punishment||Rodion Raskolnikov|
|The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn||Huckleberry Finn|
Frequently Asked Questions about the Witness Narrator
What is the difference between an eyewitness narrator and a first-person narrator?
The witness narrator is a character in the story who narrates the events, while a first-person narrator may not necessarily be a character in the story.
How does the subjectivity of the witness narrator affect the story?
The subjectivity of the witness narrator can influence the way the story is told, as their opinions and perceptions can bias the narrative.
What are the advantages of using a witness narrator?
The witness narrator brings a unique and personal perspective to the story, which can create a greater emotional connection with the reader.
What are the limitations of using a witness narrator?
The limitations of the witness narrator's perspective and knowledge can create gaps in the narrative that the reader must fill in themselves.
Is the witness narrator always reliable?
Not necessarily. The active participation of the witness narrator in the story can raise doubts about its veracity and objectivity.
What is the importance of the characterization of the witness narrator?
The complexity in the characterization of the witness narrator adds additional layers of depth and complexity to the story.
Can the witness narrator influence the development of the plot?
Yes, the actions and decisions of the witness narrator can have a direct impact on the plot, adding an additional level of intrigue to the story.
What famous examples of witness narrators exist in literature?
Some famous examples of a witness narrator are Scout Finch in "To Kill a Mockingbird" and Nick Carraway in "The Great Gatsby."
📂 Citar artículo
ENCICLOPEDIA DE CARACTERÍSTICAS (2023) 10 characteristics of a witness narrator, en 10caracteristicas.com. https://10caracteristicas.com/en/10-characteristics-of-a-witness-narrator/ (Consultado el: 29-11-2023)
🌐 Enlazar artículo
📌 Enlace corto a esta página:
📑 Impresión del artículo
¿Quieres leer más artículos similares a: 10 characteristics of a witness narrator (Actualizado 2023)? Puedes visitar la categoría Law para ver más contenido relacionado.