The 10 characteristics of PHILOSOPHY
The philosophy It is recognized as the science or art of thought, therefore, philosophizing is inquiring, reasoning, analyzing, thinking about a specific topic and extracting conclusions or solid knowledge from the entire process.
This science is based on the search for truthThat is why a philosopher is one who is always in search of knowledge, in order to improve his wisdom. In this sense, in order to philosophize, one must investigate, scrutinize, inquire, compare, synthesize, in order to arrive at the truth and reason.
Between the 10 characteristics of Philosophy most outstanding, we can mention the following
The characteristics that define Philosophy
- Process: Due to the complexity involved in philosophizing, this science is considered an internal mental process, which must be developed systematically and in order so that it can provide optimal results, that is, reach the true reason or the true reason.
- The reason: Philosophy refuses to believe the first thing it sees or observes, it is not based on Faith as it is on Religion, but rather, it tries to verify and verify by various means the origins and the true reason for things. Every event happens for a reason and that reason is what philosophy seeks to discover and establish.
- Observation: For a philosopher, the observation of the facts is important, because the information can be distorted when passing from one individual to another, therefore, observing reality to avoid assumptions or being the spokesperson for unfounded reasons is an essential characteristic of the philosophy. Even so, observation as such is not enough for a philosopher, because it can be influenced by the beliefs and cultures of the observer, therefore, he always accompanies it with other means that allow him to confirm what is observed and thus eliminate all subjectivity.
- transcendent: It is said that Philosophy transcends all other sciences, because it is inevitable that it is present in each one of them; That is to say, a pedagogy without philosophy is unthinkable, just as a scientific process without the intervention of this science is also illogical.
- Branches: Philosophy is subdivided or contains 7 branches that are: aesthetics, as the branch that studies beauty and its meaning; ethics, where the codes of behavior of the human being, morality, duty, happiness and other aspects offer reasons for being. The philosophy of language, to offer an idea of what it represents, the way to express yourself and its importance; political philosophy, establishing the truths of human relations, forms of coexistence, powers, among others; epistemology, in order to discover how knowledge is created. Logic, to be able to truthfully demonstrate the points of view offered about something or someone and reach a solid conclusion; and metaphysics, in order to study reality and the elements that intervene in it.
- Scientific: Philosophy will always go beyond the apparent truth, since its job consists of refuting the truth itself to thus guarantee its certainty, for it sometimes reason is not enough, therefore it makes use of various scientific procedures such as observation, to arrive to its end.
- Speculative: Although it is somewhat contradictory to say that it is scientific and then speculative, if you look carefully, in the explanation offered about the scientific aspect it is said that it refutes the truth, since this is because philosophy likes to go beyond things, for For this, he usually speculates about the facts to see if he obtains the same results, thus arriving at reason.
- Multidisciplinary: Because just as the other sciences cannot act in many cases without applying philosophy at some point, likewise philosophy relies on other disciplines to achieve its objectives. A clear example of this is the use of scientific procedures to arrive at the truth.
- Unifying: When chaos, ignorance of a fact and its consequences affect humanity, philosophy comes into play to discover the origins of the facts and seek solutions. In this sense, philosophy is unifying, when experts or philosophers are used to discover a fact and establish common action agreements.
- Understanding: Which is the ultimate goal of philosophy, understand the reason for things, their origin, discover the truth, go beyond the facts to understand and acquire real knowledge.
These were 10 characteristics of philosophy that stand out in this science, which strives to discover and rediscover the origin of things, in order to generate learning that leads us to reason and in turn to understand our past, present and glimpse the future.
📂 Citar artículo
ENCICLOPEDIA DE CARACTERÍSTICAS (2023) The 10 characteristics of PHILOSOPHY, en 10caracteristicas.com. https://10caracteristicas.com/en/the-10-characteristics-of-philosophy/ (Consultado el: 23-09-2023)
🌐 Enlazar artículo
📌 Enlace corto a esta página:
📑 Impresión del artículo
¿Quieres leer más artículos similares a: The 10 characteristics of PHILOSOPHY (Actualizado 2023)? Puedes visitar la categoría Philosophy para ver más contenido relacionado.