10 characteristics of DRINKING WATER
How is DRINKING WATER obtained?
1) ELIMINATE TOXIC AND HARMFUL POLLUTANTS
Make sure the water is clean. The first step to healthy water is to make sure the water is clean, which means removing toxic and harmful contaminants that are present in the water. Multi-stage filtration is required to ensure that all possible contaminants are removed.
- sediment filtering - Removes sediment, dirt, sediment
- Carbon filtering - Eliminates chlorine and chemicals.
- membrane filtration - Removes small contaminants - bacteria, pharmaceuticals, metals
Clean water is absolutely essential for all proper bodily functions, including skin and organ integrity, immune system balance, cellular respiration and repair, waste removal, and longevity.
The main purpose of clean water within the body is to transport nutrients to cells and then transport waste products to the eliminatory system. It is absolutely essential to maintain the critical balance necessary to sustain life. However, this system, with its multiplicity of interrelated dependencies, can be greatly affected by small traces of chemical toxins such as chlorine.
2) OBTAIN A BALANCED ALKALINE PH
The second step to healthy water is to ensure that the pH is balanced to a healthy alkaline level.
- The healthy alkaline pH level for drinking water is between 7.5 and 9.5.
- Mineral and alkaline water can help the body maintain an ideal pH which some believe helps resist disease and slows the aging process.
- Alkaline water helps neutralize stored acids and helps eliminate toxins
Symptoms of a pH imbalance:
- poor digestion
- stomach pains
- Low energy - fatigue
- Other serious disorders
Several research studies have shown the presence of chemical carcinogens in treated surface, ground, and municipal drinking water. However, the beneficial properties of drinking water that can help protect us from diseases such as cancers, natural minerals and alkaline pH are often overlooked.
Water that contains naturally occurring minerals and alkaline pH is associated with lower mortality from heart disease and cancer, and overall health. Drinking water in the 100 largest cities in the US was found to have a 10% to 25% reduction in the number of cancer deaths when the drinking water had a moderately high level of minerals and had an alkaline pH (greater than 7.0).
3) REPLACE NATURAL MINERALS IN THE WATER
The third step to healthy water is to replenish the natural minerals in the water.
Water naturally has beneficial minerals including: calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium
Natural mineral levels are reduced in water from the plumbing and distribution process, from exposure to contamination, and from water that is drawn from natural mineral sources in rivers and streams.
The key to creating "healthy water" is to remove contaminants and retain beneficial minerals.
Higher amounts of minerals in drinking water lower death rates from heart disease and cancer.
According to Dr. John Sorenson, a leading authority on mineral metabolism, "minerals in drinking water are more easily and better absorbed than minerals from food."
Drinking water with higher amounts of minerals results in lower rates of heart disease and cancer mortality.
Drinking water in the 100 largest cities in the US was found to have a 10% to 25% reduction in the number of cancer deaths if the drinking water had a moderately high level of minerals, and if the water had an alkaline pH
What are the 10 characteristics of Drinking Water?
- Alkaline PH (between 7.5 and 9.5)
- odorless (no smell)
- Colorless (without color)
- Insipid (no taste)
- Free of any suspended element
- No organic contaminants
- Fluorides between 0.9 and 1.7 (measured at 10ºC)
- Maximum of 0.30mg/liter of Iron
- Maximum of 0.10mg/liter of manganese
- Maximum of 0.001mg/liter of mercury (zero values or much lower than this number are always sought, since mercury is one of the most harmful elements for our body)
📂 Citar artículo
ENCICLOPEDIA DE CARACTERÍSTICAS (2023) 10 characteristics of DRINKING WATER, en 10caracteristicas.com. https://10caracteristicas.com/en/10-characteristics-of-drinking-water/ (Consultado el: 26-09-2023)
🌐 Enlazar artículo
📌 Enlace corto a esta página:
📑 Impresión del artículo
¿Quieres leer más artículos similares a: 10 characteristics of DRINKING WATER (Actualizado 2023)? Puedes visitar la categoría Education para ver más contenido relacionado.