10 characteristics of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
For a company it is very important to have the necessary tools to manage activities efficiently and effectively, for this, the ERP systems, acronym used to refer to the Enterprise Resource Planning, are the most propitious.
- It is an automated system: An ERP or Enterprise Resource Planner (in Spanish), it is a system created with the purpose of establishing, in an automated way, a permanent control of each of the resources of a company, materials and personnel, in such a way that it is in charge of integrating each sector related to production, personnel, accounting, administration, etc. Therefore, within its main characteristics is the fact that it runs automatically, with the collaboration of technology and digitized media, allowing the execution of tasks related to resources in an efficient and controlled manner.
- Control payments and perform reports and data analysis: One of the most important aspects of ERP business software is that it allows you to carry out calculations related to payments to suppliers and analyzes the different data incorporated into the system, in such a way that it helps to reduce costs, improve saving strategies and purchase of raw materials.
- It allows to verify the production in a concrete way: Likewise, an ERP system is characterized because it allows the partners and management employees of the company control in a discreet but efficient way, the percentages of production, generating reports that can be studied in favor of improving and increasing the flow, that is, optimizing the processes in favor of the results.
- Make calculations and projections instantly: It is a useful tool for making comparisons with different perspectives, from the point of view quantitative and qualitative, establishing a future projection that always ensures the best possible result for the company.
- They are simple and easy to operate systems: Despite being a system with many advantages and tools included that greatly favor the institutions that incorporate it, it is not at all complicated in terms of handling, in fact, anyone with basic knowledge of computers, software and business terms, you can quickly understand and familiarize yourself with it.
- Keeps the company up to date with technology: Every company should seek stay ahead of technological growthTherefore, an essential tool for this is the ERP, with unique technological characteristics that will allow additional benefits to be obtained and, in addition, seeks the digitization of processes, doing them a lot safer and simpler to execute.
- Improves the activities and processes of the company: In this order of ideas, an ERP always facilitates the performance of the daily activities of a company, mainly those related to administrative processes such as: issuance of purchase and sale documentation (service orders, purchase orders, payment orders, billing, etc.), the disclosure of institutional regulatory documents, etc.
- Facilitates the management of relevant information: With the help of a business resource planning system, it will be much easier to determine the activities that must be carried out in order to achieve the proposed institutional goals, establishing for this information management priorities and helping to discard that which is not of recent or future use.
- They are organized into easy-to-configure sectors: ERPs are adaptable to the needs of each company or institution, so their form of internal organization will depend on its structure, incorporating as many modules or items as are necessary in the system, in order to facilitate the interrelation between them and their individualized functionality efficiently. Each sector or module of an ERP is also designed in accordance with the company's guidelines, and points of relevance or irrelevance to it can be added or discarded, respectively.
- Unify each task related to the company: Finally, one of the most important characteristics of ERP systems is that, even when they are organized by modules separately, these are related to each other and they allow each sector of the company, company or institution to stay in coordination and in tune.
All with the exclusive purpose of achieving the productivity goals proposed from the planning, also elaborated through the tools offered by the ERP, a system that, ultimately, completely transforms the planning of a company and the use of the resources assigned to it, and for this reason it should be much more implemented today.
📂 Citar artículo
ENCICLOPEDIA DE CARACTERÍSTICAS (2023) 10 characteristics of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), en 10caracteristicas.com. https://10caracteristicas.com/en/10-characteristics-of-erp-enterprise-resource-planning/ (Consultado el: 22-09-2023)
🌐 Enlazar artículo
📌 Enlace corto a esta página:
📑 Impresión del artículo
¿Quieres leer más artículos similares a: 10 characteristics of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) (Actualizado 2023)? Puedes visitar la categoría Technology para ver más contenido relacionado.